Lanigan Massage & Bodywork
Bringing balance through massage therapy in the Sewickley area since 2002
- Bachelors of Science (B.S.) in Biology from Westminster College (1997)
- Certified in Advanced Massage Therapy from the Pittsburgh School of Massage Therapy (2002)
- Certified in Orthopedic Massage and Pain Management by International Lecturer and Author, James Waslaski (2003)
- Certified in Orthopedic Assessment by International Lecturer and Author, Whitney Lowe (2008)
- Certified in Medical Massage by the National Board Certification Agency (2009)
- Nationally certified by the NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodyworkers)
- Certified member of the ABMP (Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals)
- A+ rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau), Accredited member
I believe your experience should be exactly what you want it to be. I make all the experiences (even therapeutic massages) as relaxing as possible in several ways:
- Attention to Your Needs - Every person is different, and seeks massage for different reasons. I understand and work with your specific needs.
- Hot Stones - Hot stones are used in all of my massages. In addition to relaxing, the heat prepares the muscles and fascia for deeper, less painful work.
- Comfort - The utmost attention has been paid to comfort with such accessories as a foam eggshell pad, a heated mattress pad, heated hand mitts and foot booties, etc.
- Aromatherapy - I use expensive therapeutic oils which lubricate, moisturize and repair the skin, while providing antioxidants & nutrients.
- Hydrotherapy - I use herbal eye and neck pillows (cooled or heated) designed for specific therapeutic benefits.
- Sound Therapy - I use music that has been proven to evoke the "relaxation response".
- Reflexology - Improves circulation, eases pain, and increases relaxation through the manipulation of reflex areas in the feet.
- Extras - I offer several "extras" which can be added to enhance your experience, including paraffin treatments, hands and/or feet revitalization treatments (paraffin, exfoliation, and hydration), eye treatments, castor oil pack, aromatherpy, ionic foot detox.
Please see these websites for information about:
- Nathan Cook www.EnjoyGoodHealth.MassageTherapy.com